Wednesday, July 6

Chica-built chopper for sale in UK

Bloody hell, never thought I'd see this... Renshaw has his 'Roadrunner' up for sale. 1540ccs of handbuilt, nuggety muscle. He wants £20K.

Here's the blurb:

"After a lot of wrestling and at the same time sitting on my hands I have decided to put up for sale the bike I thought I'd never put up for sale.

This bike is a perfect example from the chopper revival in LA of the [pre build off & Choppertown hype] early 2000's.

Chica built this bike for me in memory of my Mum [a yank] and on completion I rode it straight across the States to Choppers Inc in Florida.

Working on this bike, for Chica, were Johnny Chop, Nelson Kanno and Brandon 'Brawny Built' Holstein....all these guys are top of the pile when it comes to building bikes.

It is UK registered, taxed and MOT'd and ready to ride on demand. It has never lived outside and always connected to an Optimate when parked up.

The geometry on this bike is just right - its light, skinny and nimble just like a chopper should be - after Brawny left Chicas he built the 'Rusty Nail' based on this bikes layout because it rides.

The spec:

Chica's 'ROADRUNNER'

2001 TC88 [A] motor with factory 1540cc conversion.
Joe Hunt Magneto
Kick and electric start
Rev Tech 5 in a 4 speed box
Single down tube rigid frame
16" & 21" Chica invader wheels
Narrow springers by Freddie Hernandez
Suicide clutch and jockey shift
Pinstriping on tank & frame by Bob Iverson [chica custom cycles signed on tank]
'Roadrunner' on oil tank by Joe Richarson of Choppers Inc.
PM brakes with GMA rotors front and back
Chopperdave foot pegs
Goodson air filter on Mikuni flatside carb
Small rectangular chopper headlight.
also included : right side pannier frame [by Chica] and original Chica front light bracket

ALL FABRICATION & ASSEMBLY DONE BY CHICA CUSTOM CYCLES
WHEELIED BY BILLY LANE
FEATURED IN DICE MAGAZINE & BACK STREET HEROES, SHOWCASED AT LACONIA BIKE SHOW 2004

If you are seriously interested email me on 23bricks@gmail.com. I'm looking for £20K and am only selling this to fuel my addiction to older iron... not cos Im going under - I know I will regret this down the line so grab this opportunity to own one of only 2 chica bikes in the UK...and the only one that that is rideable [hey Caz??]."

No comments: