Tuesday, August 21

I love me some crenellations

Today I had to pick up a lovely old architect's plan chest from a picturesque little village called Snape, about 25 miles from here.

It has its own little castle. Very cool.

In fact, our local countryside is dotted with castles, ruins, follies, historic houses and oddities. You are more likely to come across a ruined abbey than a petrol station around here. Check Pete's blog if you don't believe me.

Anyway, I got the chest home and discovered it wouldn't fit through any of the doors in our house.


6 comments:

Paul Watkins said...

Chuck it in the garage.

WhitelinePsycho said...

Possible solution, keep the chest, keep the truck, sell the house. Just a thought Guy . . .

Guy@GK said...

Paul, it's in the garage... and I'm taking it apart to get it into the house. Oldendays stylee.

WP... we only rent... I want to move to one of those castles.

Pete Stansfield said...

Was going to say you need a castle...you said it already.

WhitelinePsycho said...

Back to see the continued repartee, very tittersome indeed . . . we had to live in shoebox . . .

Paul Watkins said...

Half a dozen 6" nails 'n' it'll be as good as new.