Friday, August 5

In the running

Deciding the winner of the GKM Trophy at the Hot Rod Hayride was an interesting process. Lots of people came up during Friday afternoon and Saturday asking if I'd made a decision, then suggesting their favourites.

One name that kept coming up was Paul Oates who was there on his beautiful Shovel; it's always hard when you get to the final three or four names, but it was a shortlist Andy P and I were in total agreement on.

Paul's bike is featured in the new issue, 22. This is one of the many outtakes I wish I'd had space for...

3 comments:

Tibbs said...

I took a cool pic of him kicking that over, lovely bike.

DicE Magazine said...

I love that bike! In person its an even bigger mind blower! The details are insane.
ps. I do really love Elvis...yes...irony is lost sometimes! ha!

Benny said...

I think it's a terrible build, shoddy workmanship, bad welding and that Paul bloke is a nasty piece of work, I heard he was walking around at night scratching paint and stuff at the hayride and the linkert..................................... jealous? me? of course not.

see you at the hellraiser Captain Oates. x