Monday, August 16

The ultimate accolade?

There's an interesting thread on the Jockey Journal at the moment about the bikes that have most influenced people over the past 10 years. I started reading, trying to work out in my own mind what my top ten might be, when I came across this: a guy from Seattle who actually cited my old Shovelhead as one of his top ten.

It must be one of the greatest compliments I've ever received. Considering the bike was built as a reaction to the contents of Chopper Dave's website (so is really a tribute to the bobber/early chopper style), it's amazing to think that other people liked it enough to call it an influence.

And to be mentioned in the same list as heroic fabricators like Indian Larry, Walt Siegl and Chopper Dave makes me feel just plain uncomfortable...

No comments: