Wednesday, February 3

The sad tale of B&D Motorcycles, NJ





I scanned these from the April '97 issue of Iron Horse for someone a couple of years ago, and promised to post them here.

I have a passion for old Harley-Davidsons and the long and distinguished history behind the marque. But some of the MoCo's behaviour towards their longest-serving and most loyal dealers during the enforced transition from motorcycle shop to boutique wasn't distinguished in the slightest...

Anyway, make your own mind up.

6 comments:

lucky23design said...

Harley Davidson died in 1985 in my opinion. Just a motorcycle Wal-Mart now...

Rowan said...

well said that man....

Tony d. said...

that tears you open man. so sad.

i gotta find a new job.

Richiepan said...

Guy - B@D was my second home - i was there at least once a week- it was a sin what the dealer did to bill

KNUCKLE BUSTER 1939 said...

One of my regular hangouts since I was 16. Got a bunch of cool shit out of there.
I remember when it all went down with Bill...begining of the end.

Gob-Iron Simo said...

Bastards!! where's their loyalty? to the $ only unfortunately! harley dealers, toyota dealers...what comes around goes around..