Wednesday, February 24

Bars are done... only 736 jobs to go



My lo-rise, internal throttle bars are done... thanks to Pete (see below) and Will.

I had every intention of doing most of the cutting and reworking of these two sets of bars myself but with not even a workbench to my name, I called round at Pete's last week for some assistance. Of course, he ended up doing all the work (inch out of the middle, six off each end, then cutting off the Panhead bar ends) while I drank his char and bent his ear; we then took the bits to his mate Will, who TIGd and dressed the welds beautifully.

In fact, my only contribution was to only measure once (incorrectly) so Pete had to cut twice.

I promise I will be doing some work on this re-vamp, but with such helpful and generous friends it's hard to get motivated into building that workbench and replacing my bench tools...!