Monday, December 7

Ian Astbury on a Guzzi

Another old pic from the album, this is '91... a year of listening to too much Cult and not earning enough for a big twin Harley, hence this big ol' lump of Italian muscle. Even though it was a stand-in, it was a lovely, capable bike, and I used it every day to commute to work. I liked the linked brake system and the way the transverse v-twin made the bike shake in the opposite way to a Harley. It sparked a love of Guzzis (though I haven't owned one since).

Note that I stripped off the T3 California's screen and the big seat, replacing it with a rare police solo seat. I had the right idea...

3 comments:

Guzzmen said...

Hey Guy ,

U never can`t refuse your roots ...
It`s menth to be man :)
`Ve had two of those in the past .

Cheers Guzzmen

Rowan said...

Hi Guy
i had a california, it did the opposite for me, i cant stand 'em now....

Johnny said...

Ha ha. Whatever happened to that young whelp?