Thursday, June 23

Oh shit



I got 50 miles on the Pan and it suddenly lost power on the motorway. I looked down to see fuel gushing past my right leg. The flare on the fuel line where it comes off the filter and attaches to the carb had sheared. I cable tied the filter/fuel line to the carb to get me to the next services, which were three miles away.

I didn't have jubilee clips and fuel line on me (note for next time) and unbelievably the recovery guy didn't either. So, trucked back home, quick bodge, and hopefully it will hold for my 400 mile round trip... starting again tomorrow morning.

On the bright side, the weather is supposed to be marginally drier tomorrow... and that's one less night I have to spend in a fucking tent.

4 comments:

ITALIAN MOTOR magazine said...

I always stash some cable ties on the bike, they'll get you out of a mess like that, good luck and have a good weekend

Guy@GK said...

Yep, cable ties are a life saver. How stupid not to have jubilee clips and hose though... breakdown basics!

Susokary said...

"On the bright side, the weather is supposed to be marginally drier tomorrow... and that's one less night I have to spend in a fucking tent."

Always see the glass half full, that's a good philosophy.

Wish ya a nice trip.

Greetings from France.

Gareth said...

The wonderful world of "Choppers" ... Have a safe trip and a good weekend!